Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sir Conrad Black: My Manifesto For the Occupy Movement

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/conrad-black/occupy-wall-street_b_1011446.html

Redrant:  Almost a decade ago here in Minneapolis, MN, USA we had an occupation to try to stop the Hiawatha rereoute.  It lasted more than a year.  I used to bicycle past the encampment all the time.  From my house I can make a bicycle ride to the Mississippi and Minnesota river juncture flood plans and return with virtually no traffic.  It can be a twenty-five mile ride all on paved shallow grade trails in the middle of the city.  


I saw the encampment devolve into mostly gutter-punks and homeless.  With the "occupy" fleabaggers" it just seems to be happening sooner.


You should read the article but the "money quote" specific to this blog:  "or to climb aboard the global warming bandwagon now that its wheels have left its axles in all four directions."    Greg Lang

No comments: