Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New York City awards new conventional power taxicab contract.

I noticed that the New York taxi cab contract is not hybrid though Ford makes the best in the world hybrid passenger vehicles (they send me magazine since I bought a new Ranger.  It claimed that Ford hybrids had gone more than 100K miles without problems).  New York taxicabs would seem the ideal environment for hybrid passenger vehicles.  How come they didn't go with the proven Ford system  if hybrid vehicles are so "swell").  ?????????????????????  I figured that if hybrids really worked without subsidies high urban traffic and trained professional drivers like urban package delivery and taxicab drivers would use them.  New York cabs famously do not carry spare tires.  They have an excellent support service network if they have a flat tire.  Curiously, I noticed that even with this support system the New York cab is not "hybrid".

No comments: