Thursday, June 26, 2008

Regarding: utility costs rising story. A story idea might be the potential for another round of foreclosures this winter. Natural Gas rates are expected to increase at least 50% this winter. I am starting to blog my ideas on this at my http://fourfiftygas.com
I don't want to personally be profiled on TV. I paid off my http://searshouse.com mortgage in under 20 years and it's fairly tight with a new high efficiency furnace. It's a one story bungalow. I sealed it up pretty well maybe fifteen years ago and added nearly waist deep insulation to the attic. A surprising effect is how it stays a lot cooler in the summer. I only use two 5,000 BTU window AC's and I haven't installed them yet (but probably will this weekend)
As close as I can figure, my $600 economic stimulus check will cover my raised energy cost for the next year. I drive 3K to 4K miles per year and my Ford Ranger gets 20+MPG in town. I might cut that by 25%. On short trips I try to use the bicycle and consolidate long trips. Yesterday, I got the oil changed in the burbs. The passenger side of the cramped Ranger cab has stuff from four stores. Trip consolidation.

No comments: